It's always good to end the week on a positive note. Sometimes we concentrate on the negatives. We have a choice. Choose positive. Choose to celebrate. I will be joining Ruth Ayres and her weekly link-up, Celebrate This Week. Check out all the other celebrations HERE
Oh, it's been a long time since I've written a Celebrate post. Seems like always so much going on and my weekend writing has been for getting the during the week posts ready!
But a lot to be thankful for and to celebrate right now.
1. I'm thankful that our drive to our temporary home in South Florida went well.
2. I'm thankful that my daughter's surgery went well. She's going through her third limb lengthening and it's amazing how life changes. She's a very active individual and this literally stops you in your tracks. She's at most 50% weight bearing for the next 5 months and she loses a lot of independence. But we're thankful and grateful that we found the right doctor. Her leg will grow 4 inches over the next 3-4 months and she'll be that much closer to being even. She'll achieve that in high school, but she'll take an extra 4 inches right now!
3. I'm thankful for kind nurses. The doctor and his surgical staff do some amazing work, but it's the nurses that help in the days after surgery. I am so thankful for their care.
4. I'm thankful for the kindness of friends, near and far. My heart was overwhelmed with the generosity of others this week.
5. I'm thankful for my daughter's new swim team. She walked away from the first day with a couple of new friends and she likes her coach. "Mom, he tells us the same things Coach Derrick does!" said in amazement....
There's a long road ahead of us, but I'm hoping there's more to celebrate.