Saturday, June 20, 2015
Celebrate This Week! 6.20.15
It's always good to end the week on a positive note. Sometimes we concentrate on the negatives. We have a choice. Choose positive. Choose to celebrate. I will be joining Ruth Ayres and her weekly link-up, Celebrate This Week. Check out all the other celebrations HERE
What a crazy week we had around here! It was full of some highs and lows. Here are my highs, because those are worth celebrating!
My daughter and I made it through her first sleepover camp! I blogged earlier this year when I signed her up here. I'm so glad to say we both made it out alive :) I had many moments thinking, "what did I allow her to do? Was this the right decision?" She had a last minute roommate change that derailed a lot of issues, a rough first night, some friends that weren't really being friends, but, she had:
* joy being in the water everyday
* fun meeting new friends
* excitement learning new tips that she can try
* laughter at talent night
She made it home, I made it through my parenting worries. All is good!
What a joy the All-Write Conference was these past few days. When I saw the list of presenters, I knew I had to go. And it was an amazing opportunity. I want to blog more about my learning later, but I want to take the time and celebrate the awesomeness of the entire conference.
* I learned from Jennifer Serravallo, Maggie Roberts, Kristin Ziemke, Lester Laminack, Chris Lehman, JoEllen McCarthy, Donalyn Miller and Franki Sibberson.
* I was able to spend time with Linda Baie, Jennifer Laffin, Leigh Anne Eck, Ruth Ayers and JoEllen McCarthy - all people I've communicated with through Twitter and blogs, first time meeting in person!
* I had time to process information with my wonderful colleague, all while enjoying some great meals in the Warsaw community!
* I continue to stay enthusiastic and passionate about what I do and making a difference with kids
Great week! Hope you have something to celebrate too.