Saturday, December 31, 2016

#mustreadin2016 final update 12.31.16



Ugh, I thought I had a fool-proof plan for this year.  Pick 12 books, read one each month.  Easy, right?  THERE ARE TOO MANY BOOKS I WANT TO READ AT ANY GIVEN POINT IN TIME!!!  
Boo.  I didn't complete my goal.  Again.
Well.  There's always next year.  Worked for the Cubs this year (blech, I can't believe I included a Cubs thing in my blog....)

Read my September update.
Read my April update.
Read my January post.

1.  Cinder by Marissa Meyer read in April
2.  The Meaning of Maggie by Megan Jean Sovern read in July
3.  All Four Stars by Tara Dairman read in April
4. The Friendship Doll by Kirby Larson read in July
5.  Nooks and Crannies by Jessica Lawson
6.  After You by Jojo Moyes
7.  Hook's Revenge by Heidi Schulz read in December
8.  Full Cicada Moon by Marilyn Hilton read in January
9.  The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann read in December
10.  Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
11.  A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
12.  Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard read in March

The Unwanteds (Unwanteds, #1)
The Unwanteds
by Lisa McMann
read in December
I was encouraged to read this by Jason Lewis

One sentence summary:  With flavors of The Hunger Games and Harry Potter, children who are considered "Unwanted" (i.e. they have too much creativity) are Purged every year, but little do they know they end up in Aritme', a place where their creative talents are nurtured and developed into something magical, which will help in an upcoming battle.

My thoughts:  Oh, I have readers for this series!  And I may have pushed it onto a customer at Barnes and Noble (no, I don't work there.... just can't help chiming in).  I can't wait to see where this series goes.

Hook's Revenge (Hook's Revenge, #1)
Hook's Revenge
by Heidi Shulz
read in December
I was encouraged to read this by Kellee Moye

One sentence summary:  We meet young Jocelyn Hook, daughter of Captain Hook, who is on a quest to avenge the crocodile that brought the demise of the infamous Captain.

My thoughts:  Flavors of Disney, the "villain" is kind of the good guy?  Sold.

I'm currently reading:
A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
A Court of Thorns and Roses
by Sarah J. Maas
I was encouraged to read this by Jillian Heise

I won't have this finished by the stroke of midnight, but it will be my first book read of 2017!

Another year completed.  Looking forward to starting #mustreadin2017!  We'll be posting our next set of goals on January 5th.  Come back and see what I'm reading next year on Thursday (sounds funny!)

6 comments:

  1. I love how you now have a fool proof way to finish your first novel of 2017! So pleased you are part of the #MustReadin . . . community!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post has encouraged me to join the fun. Thanks for sharing your list of titles. Many are new to me. I am already thinking about which books to put on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your posts, Michele, and I took a couple of your titles for next year's goal. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to add Hook's Revenge to my 2017 list. Fangirl is the only Rowell book I really enjoyed. I'm looking forward to reading about your reading life again this year Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was not successful at all! I only read 5 off of my list. I so agree with you that there are so many books I want to read at any given time. Such a terrible problem to have, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so agree with you, there are always too many great books to read!!!! I think I've participated in Must Read since it started and have never once come close to reading all the books on my list, but I always end up reading some really great ones that I probably wouldn't have gotten to otherwise, so it's definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete