There's a special award going around the blog world right now called the "Liebster Award". It's an award that bloggers give out to each other to help promote other blogs, especially new blogs. I was very fortunate to be nominated by Ricki Ginsberg at UnleashingReaders, which is a blog that I visit daily, for great books, for author posts and because I love how they flag ideas to use for reading instruction. They cover everything from books for babies (thanks to Henry and Trent!) through young adult. Thanks, Ricki, for the mention!
Here are The Liebster Award rules:
11 Facts about me:
- I'm relatively new to the blogging and tweeting world. I just started Tweeting in late December and the blog followed shortly after. It's changed my professional life for the better. I'm interested in seeing where this will all go!
- I love reading. I despise writing. Words don't come to me easily. I can ramble ok (that's what 99% of my posts consist of) but I feel like I have a hard time effectively communicating my point. I admire people who write so eloquently. Many of the bloggers I nominate for this award have the capability of doing just that.
- I hate packing lunches. Since we just started summer vacation, the fact that I don't have to pack a lunch hasn't set in just yet. I'll get used to it soon :)
- I am inspired by my daughter. She is the toughest kid I know.
- I started masters swimming this week. I was nervous, but I kept asking myself why was I doing the activity that I hated the most (running) frequently and not doing what I love (swimming) the least amount? Masters is a challenge for me because I am swimming with all new people at the same pool and at the same time as really fast kids in front of a lot of parents that I know. But once I get in the water and get going I forget about all that and just swim. Now I just need to get faster....
- I think I own more books that I haven't read than books that I've read. Oops.
- June is my favorite month. There is nothing like that feeling knowing you have all of summer ahead of you.
- While I wish I lived somewhere in Florida or Arizona, I'll always be proud that Chicago is my hometown (well, technically, the suburbs, but when I'm out-of-state I always say I'm from Chicago, said in the correct nasal accent too). Chicago is one of the coolest cities. The way the skyline lights up at night, or the way it lays out in front of you when you're driving downtown, or its museums and shopping and nightlife and sports teams and theaters and lakefront. Very cool place to go.
- I hate the word "vortex". As in "polar vortex" or "pollen vortex".
- I admit that I'm a Starbucks carmel latte fanatic. Pumpkin latte in the fall.
- My dream job was to work at Disney and color their animated films. But then computers happened. So there went that.