Slice of Life is a weekly event hosted by Two Writing Teachers.
Grow. Encourage. Learn.
- I grew as a coach. I grew as a reader. I grew as a professional.
- I encouraged kids and teachers to read, to think about reading, and to talk about books.
- I learned that not everyone is going to come around to new thinking. I learned everybody learns at a different pace. I learned to appreciate what does happen.
I worked with the 1st and 4th grade teams this year.
The 4th grade team:
- They grew as leaders. They grew as readers for their students to follow.
- They encouraged conversation and critical thinking.
- They learned how to challenge, encourage and moderate, not always lead.
The 1st grade team:
- They grew as thinkers. They started to become wild readers.
- They encouraged their students to ask and think and converse.
- They learned how to start tying reading and writing together.
There is always much to do, but for now I will celebrate, relax and think where to go next.