Slice of Life is a weekly event hosted by Two Writing Teachers.
This weekend I wrote about the wonderful events and days that made up my summer. You can see it here. Summer is always full of things you can't do during the busy school year. When I reflected back on summer, it was the big things that I celebrated But when I think about summer, it's really the small things that make me happy.
* I make each meal when I need it. Not the night before.
* I don't need the day ready when I walk out the door at 5:15am for my workout.
* My alarm goes off at 5am for my workouts instead of 4:20am.
* Having more time to workout.
* Taking time to get ready in the morning. Leisurely showers. Not rushing.
* I don't need the majority of my blog posts ready over the weekend. I can write them the night before. Or the day of.
* Tastee Freeze Sunday Nights
* Voxer messages are left and heard throughout the day instead of on the way to school and on the way home.
* It's ok if a swim meet takes up all weekend. I have Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday and Friday to get things done.
* Sitting on the patio reading a book in the shade.
* Reading a book at the pool.
* Taking afternoon walks.
* Knowing I'm going to wear shorts everyday.
What is your small thing?