Saturday, December 5, 2015

Celebrate This Week! 12.05.15


It's always good to end the week on a positive note.  Sometimes we concentrate on the negatives.  We have a choice.  Choose positive.  Choose to celebrate.  I will be joining Ruth Ayres and her weekly link-up, Celebrate This Week.  Check out all the other celebrations HERE


I've had a little unintended blogging break.  It happens this time of year.  Life gets very busy.  But in a good way.  Time to celebrate!

NCTE
Late November is becoming my favorite time of the year.  NCTE is such a wonderful conference to look forward to every year.  I look forward to:
1.  The Learning
I learn new things, I learn snippets, I think more, I reevaluate.  
All good.
2.  The People
It's a coming together of friends that I don't get to see, friends I only talk with or tweet with.  Friends that replenish my love and passion for what I do.  Friends that started out as tweeps, who became an integral part of who I am.
3.  The Books
You don't leave NCTE empty handed.  Publishers are very generous.  I try to look for those books that I already know I want to read for a specific purpose or those that will fit my readers at school.  I'm very grateful to have left with books that I am happy to read and then talk about with many others.

Thanksgiving
I love Thanksgiving.  It holds so many traditions for me.  A Turkey Trot in the morning with friends.  Thanksgiving with my family.  Amazing food.  Time to talk and catch up.  Relaxed.  No expectations.

Christmas season
It's here.  I try to be as organized as possible, but it still always leaves me feeling a bit hurried and crazed.  
We started Christmas shopping on Black Friday.  Well, not really, we were out Thanksgiving night.  It's been a tradition for the past few years.  Our daughter has a sleepover at my parents house.  A win for her.  My husband and I have time to go out and shop.  We try and get as much done as possible.  My husband is a night owl - he can stay up and get it done.  I shuffle along, with my eyes half closed, and probably end up buying more than I should because I'm too tired to think.  We sleep in a bit on Friday and then my husband goes back out and gets a few things done.  I stay home and wrap and wrap and wrap.  
The rest of the weekend was spent decorating.  Both trees were put up.  I love taking out each decoration.  And now that it's done, I can sit back and watch TV or read my book or write these blog posts in front of the Christmas tree.  Beautiful.

Thanks for celebrating with me.

8 comments:

  1. I did miss you this week, but happy that you had a good one, with so much Christmas done, you can relax and enjoy work and the evenings, too. My tree time is today, and then other decorations and wrapping, too. Off to the PO on Monday! Can't wait to see what you share about books from NCTE, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to celebrate! You are well on your way to being ready for Christmas..bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life does get busy this time of year, but at least you still found time for many celebrations! Reading in front of the tree is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky you are that your husband takes on such an active role in Christmas gift shopping! I'm not sure about the Thanksgiving shopping though. I would be too sleepy from eating all that turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing - your productive Christmas ready routine. We need to catch up on this being ready . . . Hopefully this week! Love hearing about NCTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely celebrations. I love the reading or writing in front of the Christmas tree! No tree up yet, but I did get the lights on the deck done today during a break in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a busy time, but I'm glad you've had much to enjoy in the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much to celebrate! I missed NCTE, but I will definitely be there next year! Love your Thanksgiving traditions. So glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete