Wednesday, January 2, 2019

#mustreadin2019 1.02.19



I will say it over and over - I am so grateful for this community because it makes sure I get to some books throughout the year.  I'm not sure who originally said this quote but it's true, "I was born with a To Be Read list that will never be completed."  By participating in the must read community, I always ensure some of my books are read!

A couple of years ago, I switched to assigning books months to be read.  I work better with deadlines!  I also switched to only adding books I already own - books that are currently sitting in shelves or piles in the house.  These are the books I want to make sure and get to so they don't continue to collect dust in the house!

This year I am concentrating on finishing some series.  After making this list, I can already see I'm not finishing all of the series, so it looks like I may continue this into 2020!

Here is my #mustreadin2019 list!



January
Ashes by Laurie Halse Anderson

February
Fairest by Marissa Meyer

March
Winter by Marissa Meyer

April
Revenge of the Teacher's Pet by Jennifer Ziegler

May
The War I Finally Won by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley

June
Most Valuable Players by Phil Bildner

July
Bounders: The Tundra Trials by Monica Tesler

August
Bounders:  The Forgotten Shrine by Monica Tesler

September
Hide and Seek by Kate Messner

October
Manhunt by Kate Messner

November
Stars So Sweet by Tara Dairman

December
Book Scavenger: The Unbreakable Code by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman

Looking forward to checking off each book as I read it and getting some series {close to} completed!

Happy 2019 reading!

3 comments:

  1. It's a smart idea to put books on your list that you already own. I have so many books in my stack that need to be read! I think the only book I've read on your list is The War I Finally Won (as great as the first). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you love this community! I love that you are part of it! Loved The War I Finally Won! So great to see all of these Messner titles. She is just such a multi-talented writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you divide your must read titles up to one per month, Michele. I LOVED Kimberly Brubaker Bradley's "war" series!! Wouldn't mind reading them again. And I've been very tempted to pick up Marissa Meyer's series, so I'll live vicariously through you in February/March before I pick it up. This is my first year to participate in this community, so I'll be excited to see everyone's updates throughout the year. :)

    ReplyDelete