Tuesday, December 15, 2015

My Favorite... Picture Books from 2015


It's that time of year when countdown lists pop up.
Here are mine for 2015!
Tuesday: My Favorite Picture Books
Wednesday:  My Favorite Nonfiction Picture Books
Thursday:  My Favorite Middle Grade Books

I read a lot of picture books in 2015, too many to count (I could but I'm going to choose to spend my time writing this post instead!).  However, there were a few standouts.  The wonderful thing about this list is there are no rules other than I had to read it in the year 2015.  The books didn't have to be published in 2015 (although most were).  Nor did they have to be written or illustrated by an American author/illustrator.  They just had to standout to me.  Here they are:


Last Stop on Market Street
Last Stop on Market Street
by Matt de la Pena
illustrated by Christian Robinson

A Fine Dessert: Four Centuries, Four Families, One Delicious Treat
A Fine Dessert
by Emily Jenkins
illustrated by Sophie Blackall

Orion and the Dark
Orion and the Dark 
by Emma Yarlett

Wolfie the Bunny
Wolfie the Bunny
by Ame Dyckman
illustrated by Zachariah OHora

Ballet Cat The Totally Secret Secret
Ballet Cat: The Totally Secret Secret
by Bob Shea

I Will Take a Nap! (Elephant & Piggie, #23)
I Will Take a Nap!
by Mo Willems

To the Sea
To The Sea
by Cale Atkinson

The Day the Crayons Came Home
The Day the Crayons Came Home
by Drew Daywalt
illustrated by Oliver Jeffers

Lady Pancake & Sir French Toast
Lady Pancake and Sir French Toast
by Josh Funk
illustrated by Brendan Kearney

The Only Child
The Only Child
by Guojing

Lenny & Lucy
Lenny and Lucy
by Phillip Stead
illustrated by Erin Stead

Finding Winnie: The True Story of the World's Most Famous Bear
Finding Winnie
by Lindsay Mattick
illustrated by Sophie Blackall

Strictly No Elephants
by Lisa Mantchev
illustrated by Taeeun Yoo

Yard Sale
Yard Sale
by Eve Bunting
illustrated by Lauren Castillo

Which books do you agree with?  Do we have any of the same books?  What would you add to your list?  Leave your answer in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. There are two of these I still haven't gotten my hands on--The Only Child and Finding Winnie. I read so many good PBs in 2015--I might do a Top 15 instead of a Top 10. You know Ballet Cat is on my list!! Actually several of these are going to be on my list!

    ReplyDelete