Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Nonfiction Picture Book Wednesday 12.30.15 upcoming 2016 nfpb

#nfpb2015

I am excited to join Alyson Beecher and other friends in this weekly challenge.  Finding great nonfiction picture books isn't a challenge anymore, there are so many wonderful books to be read now!  The challenge is sharing them with as many people as possible so they can find this wealth of literature to share with our young readers.  Thanks to Aly for starting this weekly link-up and thanks to all who join in!  See all of the posts at kidlitfrenzy.

I really can't believe this is the last Wednesday post for 2015.  What a great year for nonfiction!  I shared my favorites from 2015 in this post.  Today I will share what nonfiction picture books I'm looking forward to reading in 2016!




It's that time of year when we look back and celebrate what we've read, and also look forward to what is coming ahead.  Readers are always making reading plans and I'm happy to say my 2016 reading year looks bright thanks to some of these books.  Which one of these books will be on your reading list this year?

Nonfiction Picture Books I'm Looking Forward To In 2016

Image result for pink is for blobfish
publishes February 2nd

Image result for whoosh lonnie johnson's super soaking stream of inventions
publishes May 3rd

Image result for this is the earth diane z shore
publishes February 23rd

Image result for every day birds amy vanderwater
publishes February 23rd

Image result for run for your life lola schaefer
publishes February 1st

Image result for miss mary reporting
publishes February 16th

Image result for the wildest race ever
publishes March 1st

Image result for dorothea's eyes barb rosenstock
publishes March 1st

Image result for a beetle is shy
publishes April 5th

Image result for crossing niagara matt tavares
publishes April 12th

Image result for flying frogs and walking fish steve jenkins
publishes May 3rd

As you can see, we have some wonderful nonfiction reading ahead of us!

Looking for some great fiction picture books in 2016?  Here's my post about upcoming upcoming 2016 picture books.

What books are you looking forward to in 2016?

* reminder, publishing dates can change.  Be sure to check closer to the release date for accuracy *

7 comments:

  1. So many books and so little time. Looks like another great year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blobfish is definitely in the so-ugly-it's-cute category, I think the cover image alone will get that title off the shelves and into kids' hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of interesting looking books ahead.I'm excited for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for including our EVERY DAY BIRDS on your wonderful list. It is an honor to be here...and I am excited too! Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so excited. Off to meet a friend for coffee and then I will be back to study this list more carefully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Between you and Aly, my TBR pile is toppling!! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have already read a few advanced copies of books from this list and can say that we are going to have a great year of nonfiction reading ahead of us. Thanks Michelle for including so many that I didn't mention.

    ReplyDelete