Sunday, March 23, 2014

My Spring Break Must Dos

It's Spring Break!  Yea!  I have no plans other than to get a lot of reading done.  I have a huge pile of books that I have bought or pre-ordered in the past few weeks that are here and begging to be read.  I have 50 books checked out from the library (yes, that's the maximum!).  Will I get everything done?  Not a chance.  But there are some things that I consider are "must-dos".
Have you ever gone to Walt Disney World and stayed on property?  If you have, then you've seen the Disney "Must-Do" lady.  She's been doing this little segment that plays every time you turn a TV on in your resort room.  I know I've been seeing her segments for at least eight years, probably more.  She shows all the "must-dos" at each Disney Park and some of the other places, like Downtown Disney and the water parks.  It's cute.  Unless you've seen it waaaaaaaay too many times like me.  By the end of a vacation, you're done with the must-dos.  But no worries, she'll still be there the next time you go!
Well, taking a tip from her, I'm going to list my Spring Break must-dos.  Check back next week and see how I did!

My professional literature Must-Do

Rethinking Intervention: Supporting Struggling Readers and Writers in Grades 3-6 Classrooms
Rethinking Intervention by Shari Frost  (started, just didn't finish)
This has been on the pile for awhile.  It's an area I need to be thinking about immediately so it's a must-do!

My YA Must-Do

Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
Insurgent by Veronica Roth (nope.  Never started)
Read Divergent
See Divergent movie
Read sequel


My Middle Grade Must-Do

Dangerous
finish Dangerous by Shannon Hale read 3.25.14

Harriet the Spy (Harriet the Spy #1)
finish Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh read 3.25.14

Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin
read Rump by Liesl Shurtliff
because if I don't Carrie Gelson said gnomes are coming after me... :)  I started it... That counts, right?  Have to have it done by next weekend because we're meeting the author!  Yea!

Every Day After
read Every Day After by Laura Golden  read 3.28.14
because I've had it checked out for weeks and it keeps getting pushed off!

Under the Egg
and if I'm really lucky read Under the Egg by Laura Marx Fitzgerald (not a chance of getting to it over break.  It's on the top of the TBR pile!)


and finally, read all the Picture Books I have checked out from the library, which are too many to list here :)
I read 30 picture books!

Crossing my fingers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment