Tuesday, June 27, 2017

#road2reading Challenge - my Mock Geisel long list... so far 6.27.17


All journeys have a starting place.
This is a weekly place to find books and tools 
that you may use with readers at the start of their reading journey.
Join in the conversation at #road2reading.

We're about halfway through the year and before we know it the season of "Mock" will be here!  You know, when we read the current year's best of the best titles with students to try and figure out what will be presented at the Youth Media Awards next February!  I love sharing new titles with students, getting them to understand the award criteria and look deeper into these stories.  

Today I'm looking at some titles that I have on my Mock Geisel long list.  These are books that the current Geisel committee may be taking a look at.  If you know anything about my past Mock Geisel history, you'll know I usually get one title right!  Not all of these titles will end up on our school's 2018 Mock Geisel list, but here are books we'll be thinking about this fall:

My Kite is Stuck! and Other Stories
My Kite is Stuck! and Other Stories

by Salina Yoon

Noisy Night
Noisy Night
by Mac Barnett

Egg
Egg
by Kevin Henkes

Ballet Cat What's Your Favorite Favorite? (Ballet Cat, #3)
What's Your Favorite Favorite?
by Bob Shea

Snail and Worm Again
Snail and Worm Again
by Tina Kugler

Frankie
Frankie
by Mary Sullivan

I Got a New Friend
I Got a New Friend
by Karl Newsom Edwards

A Pig, a Fox, and Stinky Socks
A Pig, A Fox and Stinky Socks
by Jonathan Fenske

The Good for Nothing Button
The Good for Nothing Button
by Charise Mericle Harper

King & Kayla and the Case of the Missing Dog Treats
King and Kayla and the Case of the Missing Dog Treats
by Dori Hillestad Butler

What This Story Needs Is a Bang and a Clang
What This Story Needs is a Clang and a Bang
by Emma Virjan

The Nuts: Keep Rolling!
The Nuts: Keep Rolling! 
by Eric Litwin

Charlie & Mouse (Charlie & Mouse, #1)
Charlie and Mouse
by Laurel Snyder

What titles do you think the Geisel committee are looking at right now?  Leave book titles in the comments below or tweet them to me (@knott_michele).

Alyson has a great post about some of the books she found at ALA.

Want to talk about books for readers who are on the #road2reading?  Link up here!

1 comment:

  1. I would be very surprised if The Legend of Rock,Paper, Scissors by Drew Daywalt didn't make it to the list.

    ReplyDelete