It's always good to end the week on a positive note. Sometimes we concentrate on the negatives. We have a choice. Choose positive. Choose to celebrate. I will be joining Ruth Ayres and her weekly link-up, Celebrate This Week. Check out all the other celebrations HERE
Looking back at this summer, there were so many wonderful moments. I'm celebrating a great summer and looking forward to a fantastic fall.
* We traveled to Colorado Springs for my daughter to swim in the Jimi Flowers Classic Paralympic swim meet. One medal for a first place finish in the 200 back and 9/9 best times made for a great meet! The scenery was beautiful too!
* I went to All-Write in Warsaw, Indiana for the first time. It was a fantastic professional development conference. I grew as an educator and had fun meeting old friends for the first time. It's what Twitter does for you!
* The 4th of July will always be one of my favorite holidays. Being outside with friends and family is the best.
* nErDcampMI!!! It has quickly become one of my favorite summer things to do. This year was so special because after spending so much time talking to each other daily, I was able to hang out with some very dear friends. Oh, and the authors! What amazing people. Here's my post dedicated to these author rock stars!
* Happy 10th birthday to my child. Guess what we do? Hang out with authors!
* I had a wonderful dinner with Lynda Mullaly Hunt. Conversations about books and writing!
* I met with my writing group. They are slowly convincing me I am a writer!
* My beautiful nephew, Mason, was born!
* We spent a lot of weekends at the pool. Not the neighborhood pool, the aqua arenas in Wisconsin. My daughter swam in regionals and state. Fast swimming everywhere!
* The weather warmed up and we did get to spend some time at local pools.
* A quick bonus trip to Disney. Fun with friends!
* A successful knee surgery for my daughter.
As I look back, it was a beautiful and fun-filled summer.
This may have been the funniest photo I received this summer:
I'm sure there will be many new adventures as we look towards a new season!
What was your favorite summer memory?